In this Policy, the term “users” or “you” shall include visitors to www.financieredamerique.com/en/ (referred to as the “Website”), applicants for line of credit facilities and customers of line of credit facilities, whether a definitive agreement is entered into between the user and American Financial or not. This Policy applies to information that we collect on the Website and to information which we may collect by other means, including, without limitation, sales calls and other business transactions.
The content of this Policy shall apply to all visitors and form part of the terms and conditions of the line of credit agreement and/or any agreement or arrangement that the visitors have or may enter into with American Financial from time to time. In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between this Policy and the relevant agreement or arrangement, this Policy shall prevail insofar as it relates to the protection of the visitor’s Personal Information. Please take a moment to review the terms of this Policy. By using the Website and/or providing us Personal Information, you agree to accept the terms of our Policy. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use the Website or provide us any Personal Information.
Personal Information We May Collect
Users may periodically provide to American Financial or any of the American Financial Group, and American Financial or any of the American Financial Group may periodically collect from or about you, certain personal information and records which may include among other things: name; current home and work addresses; previous addresses; current phone numbers and email addresses (home, work, or other); date of birth and Social Insurance Number; credit history, including credit reports, consumer reports, personal reports, or such other similar reports; next of kin; personal references; source and amount of income; financial information necessary to verify your creditworthiness; transactions with American Financial; and agreements and other documents pertaining to transactions with American Financial (collectively referred to as your “Personal Information”).
How We May Use Your Personal Information
American Financial collects, and as permissible by law, uses and/or discloses your Personal Information for any or all of the following purposes:
- to obtain credit information and credit reports (or such other similar reports) on you from credit reporting agencies (or such other similar entity) to assess credit history and credit worthiness and to confirm accuracy of the information you provided;
- to confirm your identity;
- to confirm details of your employment;
- to collect a debt that may become owed to American Financial;
- to extract certain information for the purpose of generating statistics for marketing purposes;
- to record, track and respond to your feedback and complaints;
- to evaluate, complete, facilitate or otherwise allow the purchase or sale of the whole, part, or any assets of American Financial, the making of a line of credit or other financing to American Financial, and the creation of a charge or taking of security interest in or on any assets of American Financial, and as may be required to be disclosed to, or collected and used by, third parties from time to time for the purposes of same;
- to facilitate and allow verification of your transactions, including but not limited to payment and charge-off of your line of credit with American Financial, by third parties which may be located in the United States of America and Europe; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
With Whom We May Share Your Information
We may provide Personal Information to third parties when that information is necessary for them to complete a requested transaction or otherwise perform their duties. American Financial will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on American Financial’s behalf. American Financial will not sell or share your Personal Information with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes. In the event that American Financial or all of its assets are acquired, all of the data collected by American Financial through the Website and through other means and services provided by American Financial would be among the transferred assets. American Financial may disclose your Personal Information, without notice, if required by law or if, in good faith, it deems such act necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of American Financial and act in urgent circumstances to ensure the personal safety of users and the public.
By using the services of American Financial, users are consenting and authorizing American Financial and the third parties referenced above collecting, and as permissible by law, using, and disclosing your Personal Information, including without limiting the generality of the foregoing, to:
- verify the accuracy of the information contained in your application by, among other things, verifying your credit report (or such other similar reports) before entering into any transaction with American Financial;
- to analyze your credit report (or such other similar reports) for any legitimate business need in connection with a transaction between you and American Financial;
- submit your application to a consumer reporting agency (or such other similar entity);
- call your employer to confirm employment,
- contact you for any reason related to your line of credit application, your line of credit, and American Financial’s services and promotions; and
- obtain your bank account information.
Some of our Website pages utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A cookie is a small data file that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. We, and/or our third-party advertising service providers, may place cookies or similar files on your computer for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting our Website.
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. Should you wish not to be tracked by this kind of technology, you can choose not to accept cookies by changing the settings on your web browser. However, if you block all cookies, you may not be able to use the Website properly.
American Financial takes the security of your information very seriously. We work hard to protect ourselves and your Personal Information from unauthorized access. We also protect against unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of information we hold. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We use SSL encryption technology in order to protect your Personal Information and provide you with the most secure online experience. We restrict access to Personal Information to American Financial employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If you become a customer, you will be able to access a personalized account, through the Website with a unique password. Your access to and use of your account, together with all other aspects of your relationship as customer of American Financial will be governed by your agreement with American Financial. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at 1-855-869-5626.
Changes to Policy
For more information on American Financial’s policies and procedures relating to the management of your Personal Information, you may contact us at 1-855-869-5626 or visit www.financieredamerique.com/en/